- To develop a broad ranging base of political and specialist advice and opinion on beaver reintroduction trials;
- To encourage joint initiatives between the different groups who wish to become involved with beavers;
- To seek clarification on the legal and licensing implications of beaver re-introductions to England;
- To advise on genetic monitoring protocols to be employed with any future beaver reintroductions;
- To provide guidance to the public and others on beaver issues;
- To provide a web site for the dissemination of up to date information about beavers;
- To promote join-up between any proposed beaver re-introduction and other strategic conservation initiatives, e.g. landscape/ecosystem scale restoration projects.